Our Resource Center is open to women still in the sex industry (stripping, escorting, prostitution) or those trying to get out of it. You don’t need to be a member in our Program to get help from the tools and training we offer.
The Resource Center is a place where women can work to improve their lives and the lives of their children. Women are able to learn practical job skills and get access to technology resources and educational materials. With computer access you’ll be able to search:
- Job Listings
- Apartments and Houses
- Social Services
Resources to help with change include:
- Initial meeting with a New Friends New Life staff member
- Resources for basic needs
- Budgeting assistance
- CareerWorks program to help build resumes, search for jobs, and prepare for interviews
- Computer skills training
- GED test preparation
- College preparation and enrollment assistance
- The Resource Center also provides individual and group counseling, including art therapy.
- Quality Camp program to help improve critical thinking skills, identify priorities and work place norms, create back up plans to address barriers to long-term employment, identify patterns of negative coping that cause job loss, and create a life and career plan
The Resource Center is open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. If you’re interested in an appointment for resources and training call 214.965.0935. If you need help on weekends or nights to fit your work or family schedule, we can be flexible to find a time to meet your needs. Childcare is available on a reservation basis.